|Cross section of participants at the conference|
Below are few excerpts from speakers at the events:
- People are more important than platforms- Tolu Ogunlesi (Blogger and Journalist)
- Use Objectivity as guideline in reporting. Go for facts- Ameyaw Debrah (Ghana celebrity blogger)
- Find your voice. Be unique - Osagie Alonge ( Editor, Pulse ng)
- Have a seperate business entity different to protect yourself .You can always recreate if any business fails- Demilade Olaosun (Entertainment law)
- Audience engagement is key for any sucessful brand- Adetola Adekoya (Celebrity blogger, Mtv base)
- What's your story- It must be relatable, shareable and sellable- Sinem Onabanjo (Fab Signature)
- With tenacity, there is nothing impossible. More Females need to gets involved in technology- Abisoye Ajayi (I and T consult)
Other speakers at the event include: Bella Rose (Techcity ng),Ayo Rotimi (Media strategist), Subomi Plumptre (Media startegist),Ofili Okechukwu (Okada books), That 1960chick.com,Taiwo Ogunlade (Google Nigeria) and others.
I made new friends Taiwao, Sola, Chiamaka (Social prefect, and reconnected with old ones (Femi Bamgbetan, dstv.com). The event was undeniably a sucess. Thumbsup to Olori supergal and her partners (Printivo,Photoboothnaija,Google and more). With more of these similar events, Nigeria will soon be a leading voice in the new media age
See more stories and profiles of the speakers at the conference website. You can view the conversation on twitter using the hashtag #NMCLagos.
See pictures from the event below:
|Olori and I, See the Eji (Gap tooth), So charming.|
|Olorisupergal (Tosin Ajibade) herself|
|More guests at the conference|
|Panelists at the event ( Demola, Osagie, Ameyaw and Princess)|
To any individual or business who wishes to remain relevant now and in the future , I recommend participation in events related to your field. These events are the meeting points of professionals and industry experts,and its there you get to learn, experience, share ideas, network and discover new opportunities.
Social media strategist is the next biggest profession: Don't be left behind