|Conference banner with a list of sponsors|
|Me before stepping out to conferennce|
|Me with Lanre Aina (Googlemaster, Nigeria)|
|Cross section of participants with Jonathan Doerr (MD, Jumia Nigeria), Ayo Oebade (Advert striker.com) and Taiwo (Google Nigeria)|
|Another Cross section of participants at wabc 2015, see their look of intense concentration|
1. Leave a footprint of everything you do online- Tomi Ogunlesi (Head, brand management FBN)
2. Having a blog without an audience is like blinking to a lady in the dark- Clara Okoro (CEO, Brand world media)
3. As a blogger, You possess the same powers as John Momoh of Channels and Raymond Dokpesi of AIT.It depends on how you use it- Ayo Oyebade (CEO, Advertstriker.com and Convener WABC)
4. Great writers dig,dig and dig until they find Gold- Bayo Adekanmbi (CMO, MTN)
5. Video marketing is important to get quality visitors, people will return to our site if there are interesting videos to be watched. To make your blog revenue earning, Get Google adsense- Lanre Aina (Google Nigeria).
6. Practice the 5CS of blogging to build a sucessful site- Content, Context, Commerce, Consumer,Connect. Think beyond Digital space- Franklin Ozekhome
7. Invest in promoting your blog, take it to your audience, network with fellow bloggers, partner with social influencers to help grow your fan base. Seun Adenuga (Jumia)
8. Use Google Analytics, shitty traffic will eventually kill your blog now or in the future. Work towards having a loyal audience.-Uyi Omoide (Digital marketing manager, Smiles Communications)
9. The most important reason for blogging is Passion. Have a business plan for your blog- Dr Bayero Agabi (Cyber Africa).
10. Ignorance is not an excuse . Learn and read on the following terms to avoid legal war. Copyright infringement , creative commons, DMCA (Digital millenium copyright alliance), License vs rights,fair use,private policy and caveat. Use more of original posts, pictures and videos- (Mr Taiwo,Google Nigeria)
The above words of wisdom are few of the enlightening blogging tips I gained from the 2 day event (May 15-16 2015). The event was an astounding success, with great contributions from various speakers, an impressive attendance and quality interactive sessions. It consisted of tea breaks, lunch and loads of gifts were shared among participants courtesy sponsors. There are more rewards to be won inclusive of monetary partnerships with bloggers, free wifi modems, a blog's label on the head banner of Lindaikeji.com (One of Nigeria's foremost blogs). Join the discussion on twitter using the hash tag #wabclagos2015 and learn more.
Bloggers and social influencers are surely taking the lead in, initiating conversation online , influencing popular music and fashion culture, shaping thought processes and creating the necessary change among the future youths. There are millions of blogs in Africa and Nigeria has a large share of the overall percentage, its time bloggers in Nigeria sat right and up their game.
For more help on starting and growing your blog, send me a mail on typearls@gmail,com
ChristinaConnect with me
Drop a comment, share Post with your Friends.
Lets connect on Google+:
Add me on Instagram
FF me on twitter:
Like my Facebook page.
Whatsapp/SMS only: 2348038454123