Parks and Gardens owned by Lagos state have gotten a new look, thanks to Laspark, the Lagos sate agency saddled with the responsibility of creating new parks, planting trees, beautification , generating revenues and overall service of Lagos state owned recreation centers. Whenever you visit any park or garden, you see beauty, feel peace, quiet and get inspired surrounded by nature.
The Lagos state parks and their locations include: Some are private owned.
1. Kanu Ndubuisi park and gardens: Formerly called Alausa gardens. Along Mobolaji Johnson road, Alausa secretariat. Ikeja
2. Freedom Park: Hospital Road, Old Prison Ground near By St Nicholas Hospital ,Lagos Island.
3. Jhalobia Recreational garden: M/M International Airport Road, Between Hajj Camp and Ajao Estate.
4. Muri Okunola park
5. Badagry recreation park
6. Ikorodu park:
7. Bics Garden:B20 Wole Olateju Crescent, Off Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1
8. Heritage park and flower garden : Oshodi
Tips to enjoying Lagos parks
- General rules include all foods and drinks must be bought in the park, there are food kiosks, restaurants that cater for those needs. Hawking , pets or fighting is not allowed.
- Monitor your kids or wards , ensure they do not stray but play only around designated places.
- Peak periods are weekends and festive seasons, so if you want more quiet, visit at the off-peak periods like weekdays, early in the mornings or late evenings.
- If you are not sure of the services offered or need more information, ask from the security or the customer service representative present at the park.
- Lagos parks and gardens are ideal locations for parties and social occasions, but you need to book ahead and pay for the clean up services.
- Planning a photo shoot, the scenic backgrounds found in these parks make for beautiful pictures. Usually photo shoot sessions are booked per hour, cost ranges from N2500-N5000 depending on the vicinity of the park.
Are you still uncertain if there are places in Lagos that are not noise-prone, or you just want some peace around you. Them visit any of the Lagos parks or gardens closest to you on your next free day.
Do you want a review of your event center, restaurant or service. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org