|Purses and notebooks made from Ankara fabric|
A. Tools needed for Ankara crafts business
- Sewing machine
- Shoe grinder-To file and smoothen all rough edges
- Needles (Different sizes)
- Threads (Various colours)
- Candle gun
- Eyelet punch
- Awls (Various sizes)- For making holes
- Flat surface table- A Formica top table is an ideal choice.
- Sketching pad and pencils - For drawing patterns and sketching designs.
- Cutters- Straight cutter, rotary cutter.
- Measuring tools- Ruler, steel rule, tape rule.
- Scissors: Tip- Use different scissors to cut different materials of varying thickness. That is do not the same scissors to cut paper and fabric, it makes the scissors blunt faster .
Also read: Items needed to make fashion accesories
1. Shoe gum- Super bond
2. Fabric glue- Uhu, E600, Top bond (white)
4. Decorative materials- To add color and glamour to the Ankara crafts. Ribbons, lace trimmings, stones, beads.
5. Household items and fashion ; Umbrella , lamp shade, and Fan skeletons, photo frames
7. Thick paper boards; Kari board, cardboard, Chip board (You can substitute by using empty cereal boxes).
8. Maco -Soft and hard maco. (For shoe soles , shoe fillers and inlet)
9. Foam (Different inch sizes depending on the purpose)
10. Candle wax
11. Shoe lasts in various sizes- For shoe moulding and fitting.
12. Fabrics: Ankara fabrics or African prints.
13. Jewellery accessories- Earring hooks, chain clasps, bracelets,Rings
15. Fabric Lining
See some Ankara diy projects on this blog:
8 steps to wrap an old shoe
Ankara drawstring bag
Register for our next training here and send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org for free ebooks and important updates.