Fortunately, a renowned Nigerian bead designer, Yeyeoba has decided to also contribute her bead craft knowledge starting with the Prawn cracker bead design. We are so fortunate to have her contribute, so expect her bead diys once a week.
|Beads By Belissimo beads|
|Yeye Oba, beautiul woman with a large heart|
In the past beads were reserved exclusively for the royal families and traditional rulers, they were specially designed and produced by skilled craftsmen for the selected few. Luckily for us today, it has become a way of life for many individuals irrespective of tribe, race, color , religion or personal beliefs. In the African society, the love for bead is overwhelming especially with Nigerian women. For a woman who wants to stand out at any social occasion such as weddings or society parties, no outfit is complete without beads to accessorize or adorn her look.
Beads come in different shapes, sizes, and material , its importance or symbol is what you can make out of them as a designer or as one who treasures their beauty.Yeye Oba kraftworld has decided to bring the craft of bead making closer to people to see and appreciate the work , power , beauty and techniques behind beautiful bead designs.
Now to Business of the day, We shall be working on the Prawn cracker bead design, so called because of its shape resemblance to a prawn.
Sand bead (sb) size 2
Crystal bead (cb) Size 8
Fishing line (0.25mm or 0.30 mm)
- Cut your desired length of fishing line.
- Add 5 sb to your fishing line and drag to the middle
- Interlock both sides with a cb
- Add 4 sb to the fishing line by your right, cross with one sb.
- Pass the fishing line to your left into the next sb.
- Add 2 sb to the right fl and interlock with one sb.
- Repeat the step 5 and 6 continuously till you get the desired prawn cracker shape shape.
- Make as many prawn cracker circles as you want to form the entire neck piece.
Watch this space for more advanced bead designs
- Elegant tiro.
- Round Cellini.
- Flat Cellini.
- Coat of arm
- 5 star coat of arm.
- Snail shell.
- Prawn crackers.
- V shape pharaoh.
- Pipe pharaoh
- Star collar.
- Black collar.
- Star peyote.
- Love shape with right angular weaving.
- Twisted spiral
- V connect
- Chevron with brooch.
- Carpet or mat
Join our growing list of creative tutors who contribute diy projects on this blog
For more info: Whatsapp: 2348038454123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to signify interest.
Benefits of joining
- Increased exposure to your clients and customers. With almost 40000 page views monthly, trust me , your target audience is online waiting for you.
- People recognise your authority in the crafts industry.
- Free promotion of your products , ebooks and services on the blog
- Networking with other creative professionals.
- Organised joint trainings and seminars.