|This home made Eczema cream is good to last for four weeks|
Here is a simple method of making the skin treatment cream
½ cup pure shea butter (popularly known as Ori)
½ cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon honey
40 drops lavender essential oil
5-10 drops tea tree essential oil
1. Using a double boiler or similar setup (I used a small pot in a larger pot), melt down the shea butter and coconut oil until they’re combined.
2. Next, add the honey and allow it to melt. When everything is in a liquid state, add the lavender and tea tree oils and stir to combine.
3. Allow your mixture to cool slightly so that it will begin to solidify. You can refrigerate but never freeze. It is best to allow the mixture cool naturally.
4. As your solution thickens up, while yet in the liquid state, either mix with hand or use an electric mixer. Mix for several minutes until the color has lightened and the solution has a frothy appearance. As the solution solidifies, mix every ten minutes or so, until it is at its peak solid state (almost lotion like ).
5. Mix one more time and transfer to the mason jar or other container and seal with a lid. You can store this at room temperature or in the refrigerator, depending on how solid you would like it to remain.
Skin care tip: As always, when using a new product on your skin, apply sparingly at first to be sure that your skin reacts well. use on underarms , where any skin reaction wont be easily noticeable, if no visible reaction or redness after 24 hours,then the product is safe to use. Apply once or twice a day over the affected area.
(Although all of these carrier oils are safe to use on the skin, some people can be allergic to nuts & seeds or sensitive to certain oils which can cause dermatitis or allergic reactions. )