The women at the well, a singles female ministry led by Frances Okoro of Imperfectly perfect lives held a singles meeting at the Lekki Conservation center in July, the event doubled as a bible study meeting and tourist visit. Though I almost missed the event, after so many twists, turns and rerouting , I eventually made It. If you haven't been to Lekki Conservation centre, one of the wonderful tourist attraction centers in the city of Lagos, Take a seat and join me as I take you through my one day trip to this amazing wonderland.
|Entrance to LCC|
Sequence of events
1. Finding the location: The Lekki conservation centre (LCC) is located at the Lekki- Ajah expressway, if you are coming from the mainland axis, it is by your right, just after Chevron roundabout before the second toll gate, and if your route is from the Epe area, it is just after the first toll gate on your way coming, take the turn to your left. I wouldn't want you to make the same mistake I did, I turned and missed my way so many times, thanks to the clueless directions given to me by passerbys. The signboard is not so visible especially if you are not looking out for it. It is a green board with white lettering. Once you see a wide expanse of forest, know you are near your destination, start looking for the entrance and look forward to a day of hospitality
2. Arrival: Tourists are provided with guides to take them around the center and enlighten them on the many tourist attractions available. Usually a tour is taken at every 30 minutes interval. The center opens from 9am to 5pm every day including public holidays. The staff are courteous and nice. On my arrival, I met some visitors leaving, but I was quickly joined by 2 families and a sister who was also on her way to the women ta the well meeting .
3. The tour: The proper tour starts from the entrance to the canopies with a walk along the guarded rails, en route one can observe the playful nature of animals such as monkeys, ostriches and more, They said there were crocodiles but I didn't see any. There is also a skyscraper ladder built of wood for the courageous ones who will like to take a nap in the tree houses, there exists another rail above the sky for those who want to observe their surroundings with their heads up in the clouds, definitely not for the fainthearted. Among the luscious wide expanse of Greenland, there are secluded outhouses, animal shelters, ponds, canopies and a large man size chess board. To cross the bridge at a point, we had to exchange our shoes for knee length boots to cross the floods. Tough some over eager tourists who did not seem to mind waded through the waters with their feet.
4. Bible study/prayer meeting: The bible study/ ministration was led by Mrs Bola " Aunty salt" Essien Nelson, she talked on many issues such as preparing for marriage , getting ready emotionally and family life. Questions and answers were taken , it was such an insightful experience and The women at the well meeting is a melting point for all single ladies who are concerned about prospering in their careers relationships, marriages and spiritual life. Prayers were led by Frances, we prayed about forgiveness, mercy and direction. It was a a day of spiritual upliftment. I was so glad I didnt miss this event for anything in the world.
5. Closing: Unfortunately, the day ended too soon for me, after the many fun, interactive sessions and making new friends.I cant forget to mention that there was food and drinks aplenty, moreso everyone got a gift courtesy of Aunty Salt. Her books are eye openers. We took the long walk back and I was almost sorry to leave everyone so soon.
Finally, The lekki conservation center is a place to be if you want to get in touch with your inner mind, meditate and observe nature in its purest form. I can tell you my heart was definetely lifted after the experience. My soul was literally singing.
|Trail to under canopy|
|Canopy like structures|
|Pond at LCC|
|Guests listening with rapt attention to Aunty Salt|
|Women at the well with Bola Essien Nelson|
|Frances and I|
|Man size chess board|
More useful tips to visitors.
1. Obey your guide always, they know best.
2. Wear loose fitting clothes and comfortable shoes, especially during the rainy seasons, wear shoes that can be easily removed and exchanged for boots.
3. The Lekki conservation center has alluring backgrounds that are ideal for pre wedding shoots, model photo shoots, ad campaign shoots, nature shoots and adventure trips like Gulder Ultimate search.
If Not, Wouild you like to visit?