Wedding planning: All you need to know about the 2 beautiful gardens to host your wedding in Ibadan ( Agodi and Botanical gardens)
Afer doing some research of mine, I found out all the details, services and costs involved in having a Garden wedding in Ibadan.
7 Benefits of a garden wedding.
1. Small number of guests (2-500): The couple, officiating minister/ Wedding Officiant , parents and witnesses are all that are required for a wedding to hold, but close friends and family members can join in the celebration.
2. Budget wedding : No spending of extra money than necessary, no fuss, no extravagance. You hire the exact number of vendors you need and spend money according to your pocket.
3. It gives you the benefit of time: No need to rush trough church service, and reception. You have the luxury of time to incorporate all the programs you want in the wedding.
4. Luxury of space: Holding the ceremony , reception and after party in one location gives the added benefit of saving costs and the luxury of space, as all three events can be held in just one venue.
5. Perfect ambiance and natural decoration: The garden scenery already provides the background setting you want for a wedding, with the addition of props and some effects (Optional ), you will definitely have the perfect scenic wedding venue. Also gardens offer a comfortable atmosphere for guests which is a major consideration.
6. Crowd control: The gardens already have a security system in place that only allow in guests that have business in the garden, no gate crashers, no vendor selling sweets and meats, no errant children picking bottles, no touts, looters, or pick pockets. In fact, any guest that has to make way into the garden have to pay a fee to obtain a gate pass. This it self serves as a deterrent to non relevant visitors who love are professional wedding crashers (Just for the food and drinks).
More so, no crush of people as observe in small reception halls, where people are uncomfortable in faltering heat and large noise. the gardens are full of space and people can breathe in fresh air.
7. You are free to make your own choices: There are no restrictions
To plan the wedding on your own (DIY) or hire a professional wedding planner (Me)
To choose the wedding theme : Vintage, Old school, Disco, Party, Cinderalla, Traditonal
To choose style of wedding outfit: Casual, Formal or native
Style of entertainment: Dj , MC Or none at all, just friends gisting and having fun, usually people don't hire live and for garden weddings.
Location: University of Ibadan
Services offered: Just the venue, you need to make arrangements for chairs, tables, canopies , decoration , food and drinks.
Cost : N30000
Extras: Guided tours, Flowers and botany sightseeing,
Location : Along Secretariat road, by Government 's office
Services offered: Venue, seating arrangement, chairs, tables for 500 guests.
Costs : N250000. Additional guest have to pay a gate fee of N500 or N1000 if they want to use the swimming pool.
Extras: Mini zoo, Animals sightseeing, bar Karaoke (opened on Sundays), food vendors, lake for boat rides, fun park, children play zone, forestry unit, restaurant.
|A couple making their entrance into a wedding gazebo at the Agodi gardens|
|Olamide of La Heiress weddings and her husband had their wedding at the Botanical garden|
P:s : The prices listed are for 2017, and subject to change due to management policies.
You can also have pre wedding shoots in these gardens (Agodi garden charges N10000)
The gardens are also ideal places to host bridal showers, proposals, and pre wedidng parties and after wedding parties.
I love night scenes the best during Garden weddings.
So if you considering having a garden wedding in Ibadan or environs, You can email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or hire me to give you more pointers of hosting a successful wedding.
25 biggest Ibadan event centers
Wedding guide: wedding venues in Ikeja
Top 20 Nigerian wedding venues you must not overlook